2019 Australian Open
LATE ENTRY FORMS:
While entries for the event have now closed, bowlers can still place their names on this late entry form in the hope that they may be able to grab a spot through a withdrawal of an existing entrant.
Please note the conditions the following conditions for late entry:
- Late entry request will be processed strictly on a first come, first served basis.
- There is no guarantee that putting your name request on this list will result in an entry into the event.
- Entrants will not be required to submit any payment when submitting a late entry request.
- Should your request be successful and a spot becomes available, a Bowls Australia staff member will contact you to confirm that you would like to proceed with the entry and to process the payment of the late entry.
- Late entry requests for pairs and fours disciplines must submit a full team.
- Before entering, players are encouraged to read the entry terms and conditions listed here in order to familiarise themselves with the event and the entry conditions.
- Before entering, consult the 2019 Conditions of Play.
NOTE: While the forms state the entry fee for each discipline throughout the process, you will not be required to make any transaction unless a vacancy arises and you are accepted into the tournament.
The Australian Open is back again for 2019!
After four massive years the World’s Biggest Bowls Festival will again hit the sunny Gold Coast in 2019.
To build upon the success of the 2018 open, some of the features of the 2019 event include:
- Open disciplines in Singles, Pairs & Fours, Under-18 Boys’ and Girls’ Singles as well as an Over-60s Pairs discipline as an alternative to Open Pairs;
- Up to 13 host venues with some of the best greens in the world, including the host clubs for the 2019 Asia Pacific Championships and 2020 World Championships;
- $250,000 in total prize money, across just under 780 prize money paying places;
- A “Player of the Tournament” cheque for $2,500 to reward the best and most consistent individual player across all open disciplines;
- Opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet new ones;
- Take part in the festival atmosphere that is the World’s Biggest Bowls Festival and the famous Mega Bowl competitions!
Along with the Australian Open, players will also be able to enjoy all the sights and sounds (not to mention the weather) that the Gold Coast has to offer, and the area truly has something for all to see and enjoy.
Before entering, players are encouraged to read the entry terms and conditions in order to familiarise themselves with the event and the entry conditions.
Due to high-interest, entries for the 2019 Australian Open will remain open until 11:59pm, Monday, April 22.
IMPORTANT: Bowls Australia suggests using the Google Chrome web-browser to complete your entry forms. Participants entering using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox should ensure that their Java software is up to date before proceeding to ensure they are able to view the payment portal. Please contact Bowls Australia directly for any questions or if you encounter any issues.